Decorative Interior Painting, Borders, Murals and More

I am a decorative painting artist. My specialty is adding interest to interior spaces. The best way to do this is to add hand painted vines, floral, scrolls, murals, patchworks, and more. It can be done with as little as a few vines over a doorway, or as much as stripes that cover the entire room, or even a mural that tells a story.

You are not limited to a country theme, but this type of painting can fit into just about any style of design, even contemporary! Stripes or shapes can really make a room pop. Painted borders or sprays can look great in traditional spaces as well. They can really make a space look more formal. Hand painting is so versatile. You can even make fabric accessories like pills, placemats, curtains, plates, glasses to match the theme of your walls! The sky is the limit when you are painting. Why not give it a try?

Decorative

If you are not certain you will like the application in your room, a sample can be done on a piece of wax paper and taped to the wall in space to be painted. This will give you a visual to help you decide. This is a great way to get a preview of what it will look like. It may sound silly, but it is a cheap way to test it without having to paint over it. Always remember though, it is much easier to paint over a hand painted border than it is to remove a paper one!

Decorative Interior Painting, Borders, Murals and More
Decorative Interior Painting, Borders, Murals and More

My name is Amy Ressa. I am the owner of The Painted House and More. My business is located in Central Ohio. I have over 16 years of painting experience which began painting in my own home. I originally started painting with stencils and then progressed in to freehand decorative painting. My style of painting is the One Stroke Technique, developed by Donna Dewberry. It is an easy way to make painting visually interesting. I have experience painting not only on walls, but glass, ceramics, fabric, metal, candles, and canvas. This technique is great for small and large jobs alike. It isn't limited to just one area. I love to use the acrylic enamel made by Plaid. It is a great product that is very durable. You can bake your glass projects to set the paint, or just let it cure in the open air. After 21 days your paint will be set. I am always looking for people who I can share my talent with.

If you have any interest or questions, please feel free to call me at: 614-530-0219 or email me at: aamilou@aol.com